Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Intel’s upcoming Compute Card is cool and all, but it’s really more of a framework for a world of modular devices than a standalone mini desktop.
If all you want is a compact, affordable PC then Newegg’s got you covered. The company is running a 1-day deal on an Intel NUC mini desktop with a Core i5 Kaby Lake processor, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of solid storage for $480.
Note that the system is sold as a kit: you’ll need to insert the memory and storage yourself. And you’ll need to provide an operating system. A full Windows 10 license would drive up the price by at least $100, but most Linux distros are free.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Intel NUC mini PC kit w/Core i5-7260U/8GB/256GB/No OS for $480 – Newegg
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 w/Core i5/4GB/128GB + keyboard for $660 – Always Deals (via eBay)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 12.5″ convertible w/Core i5-6300U/8GB/256GB for $750 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Refurb Amazon Echo Dot for $38 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Echo for $135 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Kindle for $55 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $85 – Amazon
- Trade in a Kindle to get up to $35 off a new one – Amazon
PC and smartphone accessories
- Google WiFi router 3-pack for $260 – Newegg (coupon: EMCSRFDR3)
- Anker SoundBuds Tag Bluetooth speakers for $26 – Amazon
- Aukey Bluetooth speaker for $30 – Amazon (coupon: AUKEYSP1)
- LifeCharge 20,000 mAh 4-port power bank for $30 -Woot
- WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $40 – Best Buy
- Get $10 credit toward Amazon Music subscription for free – Amazon (applied after 30-day free trial ends)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
well, heck. i just built one with a 250gb nvme ssd / 8gb ram for around $600. bummer.
Comments are closed.