Sailfish OS is a Linux-based operating system for mobile devices that made its debut on the Jolla Phone, which first shipped in 2013. Jolla shifted its focus from hardware to software years ago, and with Sailfish OS 4.1 rolling out now, the company says it’s ending support for the original Jolla Phone.

Sailfish OS 4.1 does, however, support a number of newer devices including the Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, and several Sailfish Xperia smartphones as well as the Planet Computers Gemini PDA.

The latest version of Sailfish OS also brings a number of bug fixes and a handful of new apps and features.

You can find a detailed breakdown in the release notes, or check out a video overview from Leszek Lesner, but here are some highlights:

  • There’s a new audio recorder included as one of the default apps for Sailfish
  • Android app support for some Sony Xperia phones has been updated to Android 10 (API level 29)
  • The Sony Xperia 10 II supports 64-bit Android apps
  • Android app rotation is fixed

Other bug fixes include support for ad blocking, uploading of backups to OneDrive, and sending email messages over IPv6 networks.

Support Liliputing

Liliputing's primary sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links (if you click the "Shop" button at the top of the page and buy something on Amazon, for example, we'll get a small commission).

But there are several ways you can support the site directly even if you're using an ad blocker* and hate online shopping.

Contribute to our Patreon campaign


Contribute via PayPal

* If you are using an ad blocker like uBlock Origin and seeing a pop-up message at the bottom of the screen, we have a guide that may help you disable it.

Subscribe to Liliputing via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9,454 other subscribers

One reply on “Sailfish OS 4.1 brings new apps, features, and bug fixes, as support ends for the Jolla Phone”

  1. Your site looks great but I did notice that the word “Advisible” appears to be spelled incorrectly. I saw a couple small issues like this. I thought you would like to know!

    In case you wanted to fix it, in the past we’ve used services from a websites like to keep our site error-free.

Comments are closed.