Don’t want to wait until this summer to get your hands on a tablet with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor? Intrinsyc is selling one now. There’s a bit of catch though: The MDP Tablet is a reference device aimed at developers, and it’s priced accordingly: The tablet will cost you $799.
Folks who wait until this summer will likely be able to get similar hardware at much lower prices.
The Mobile Development Platform Tablet, or MDP/T is designed to let developers start testing apps and games on next-gen hardware before it’s widely available.
The MDP/T features some pretty impressive specs, including:
- Quad-core Krait 450 processor with speeds up to 2.7 GHz
- Adreno 420 graphics
- 10 inch, 2560 x 1440 pixel IPS display
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 3GB of RAM
- 64GB eMMC 5.0 storage
- 802.11ac WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 13MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual 3D gesture camera with an IR LED for motion controls
- 7.1 channel audio playback and 5.1 channel audio recording
- 7 mics for Fluence Pro ultrasound pen input
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3400mAh battery
The tablet has a microSD card slot, micro HDMI port, and comes with developer-centric software for power and performance profiling, among other things.
via Linux Gizmos
the specs on this would make an awesome linux tablet
Comments are closed.