Digital book reader company PocketBook is launching a new water-resistant model with a 6 inch E Ink display. The PocketBook 640 has a Pearl E Ink touchscreen display and it’s expected sell for around $200 or less.

pocketbook aqua

The device is also known as the PocketBook Aqua thanks to its case which is dustproof and water-resistant. The PocketBook Aqua is designed to let you read in the bath or on the beach without worrying that a stray splash of water will ruin your reading experience.

PocketBook’s new eReader has 4GB of storage, 256MB of RAM, and a 1 GHz processor, and weighs about 6 ounces. It supports WiFi, and includes support for Dropbox and a service that lets you transfer books to your device using email.

What you don’t get is a high-res screen like that found on the latest Amazon Kindle Paperwhite or any sort of front or side-light.

The PocketBook Aqua is expected to sell for about $194 in Russia and about $151 in Europe.

via The Digital Reader 


Support Liliputing

Liliputing's primary sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links (if you click the "Shop" button at the top of the page and buy something on Amazon, for example, we'll get a small commission).

But there are several ways you can support the site directly even if you're using an ad blocker* and hate online shopping.

Contribute to our Patreon campaign


Contribute via PayPal

* If you are using an ad blocker like uBlock Origin and seeing a pop-up message at the bottom of the screen, we have a guide that may help you disable it.

Subscribe to Liliputing via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9,503 other subscribers

8 replies on “PocketBook Aqua is a water-resistant eReader”

    1. Actually it looks like we’re both wrong. Their products are big in Russia, but they actually seem to be based in Switzerland with a sales and support center in Germany.

  1. FYI Theres a company that waterproofs paperwhite kindles(2nd gen for now), as im using their waterproofed ipods and theyre great I was going to buy one, now ill have to also consider this one 🙂

  2. hey! here’s an ideea: let’s make it with a slim bezel (rim) or put android on it, or let’s make it color, or…… etc. But NO! let’s make it IP65 because you for sure will want to read in your bath tub!
    Epic fail at a high price!
    For that money i can buy 2 4th gen kindle black (non-touch version)

    1. The Kindle isn’t water-resistant so you can’t compare the two. If you don’t need water-resistance then obviously you’d buy a different (prob. better value) eReader.

      1. Of course I don’t need a water-resistance e-book reader, like perhaps the rest of 90% of the e-book reader owners (NIKdin is on the other 10%).
        This is a niche product, which hopes to sell because it is waterproof AND NOT because it is a GOOD e-book reader.
        Again … epic fail.

        1. Not ‘GOOD’ in comparison to other water-resistant eReaders? Comparison to the Kindle is irrelevant if water-resistances is a necessity. If it isn’t a necessity then you’d be buying a Kindle, Kobo et al.

  3. I’m very happy with my kindle paperwhite; it’s pretty hard to beat. The only time I’ll upgrade is when they make a water/dust resistant paperwhite.

Comments are closed.