MSI has quietly introduced an updated version of the company’s U2xx series of 12.1 inch laptops. The MSI Wind U230 looks almost identical to the U200/U210 laptops that are already available, but the new model features two major updates:
- It runs Windows 7 Home Premium instead of Windows XP
- It features a dual core AMD Neo X2 processor
Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- Display: 12.1 inch, 1366 x 768 pixel screen
- CPU: AMD Yukon MV40/L335 dual core processor
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD3200
- RAM: Up to 4GB of DDR2 667/800MHz RAM (2 DIMM slots)
- Storage: 160GB/250GB/320GB HDD
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Ethernet, optional Bluetooth
- I/O: HDMI, 3 USB ports, mic, headphone, VGA, 4-in-1 card reader
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Battery: 3 or 6 cell options
- Dimensions: 11.7″ x 7.5″ x 1.2″
- Weight: 2.9 pounds (with 3 cell battery)
MSI claims that the laptop should get about 4 hours of battery life, which generally means you’ll probably be able to get 3 to 3.5 hours if you’re lucky.
Subscribe to Liliputing via Email
Join 16,204 other subscribers
Do you know any online retailers having this one in stock?
I wonder how much it will be priced.
This is a very interesting system. Hope the pricing is competitive with dual-core CULV based systems.
Comments are closed.