MINISFORUM is best known for making small desktop computers, but the company plans to launch a high-performance 2-in-1 tablet early next year.
It’s called the MINISFORUM V3 tablet, and it will have a 28-watt AMD Ryzen processor, a 14 inch, 2.5K 165 Hz display, support for up to 32GB of RAM, two USB4 ports, and support for a pen and detachable keyboard.
When MINISFORUM first unveiled the tablet a few months ago, the company said the spec sheet was still a work in progress. But now it’s been finalized, and the company says you can expect the V3 tablet to feature:
- Display: 14 inch display with a 2.5K resolution and 165 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Unnamed AMD “flagship CPU”
- RAM: 16GB or 32GB of LPDDR5-6400 onboard memory (not user replaceable)
- Storage: M.2 2280 slot for solid state storage (but it’s not user accessible)
- Battery: 50Wh
- Ports: 2 x USB4, 1 x USB Type-C for DisplayPort input, 1 x 3.5mm audio, 1 x microSD card reader
- Wireless: WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (in power button) and IR camera
- Cameras: 5MP rear and 2MP front
- Audio: Quad speakers (2 woofers and 2 tweeters)
- Cooling: Dual fans & four copper heat tubes inside the case
- Dimensions & Weight: Under 10mm thick and under 1kg
While one of the USB-C ports is only for video input, the other two are full-function ports that can be used for power, data, and video output.
MINISFORUM calls the computer, a 3-in-1 device since you can use it as a tablet, a laptop (with the detachable keyboard), or as a monitor (thanks to the DisplayPort input function).
The MINISFORUM V3 also comes with a stylus that supports 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and attaches to the side of the tablet magnetically when it’s not in use. The tablet supports Microsoft Pen Protocol 2.6 and should also work with third-party pens that support that standard.
MINISFORUM hasn’t announced pricing or availability yet graphics based on RDNA 3.5 architecture and updated AI capabilities.
👀Preview of Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet: a versatile 3-in-1 Windows device with a high-performance AMD CPU. It serves as a laptop, tablet, or portable screen, boasting a 14-inch 2.5K 165Hz display.
Share your thoughts in the comments!👂🏻 pic.twitter.com/HjxYSObxkz
— MINISFORUM Official (@Hi_MINISFORUM) October 30, 2023
This article was first published September 27, 2023 and most recently updated November 15, 2023.