The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is a Windows tablet with a 12 inch, 2160 x 1440 pixel display, a built-in kickstand, support for finger and pen input, and a starting price of $799.
Microsoft started selling a model with an Intel Core i5 processor for $999 in June. Now the $799 model with a Core i3 CPU is shipping, as are higher-priced models with Core i7 processors and up to 512GB of storage.
You can choose from 5 different configurations at the Microsoft Store or anywhere else the Surface Pro 3 is sold.
All 5 models feature Intel Haswell processors, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, up to 9 hours of battery life, and the Microsoft Surface Pen.
Here’s a run-down of the models that are now available:
- Core i3-4020Y with Intel HD 4200 graphics, 4GB of RAM and 64GB SSD for $799
- Core i5-4300U with Intel HD 4400 graphics, 4GB of RAM and 128GB SSD for $999
- Core i5-4300U with Intel HD 4400 graphics, 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD for $1299
- Core i7-4650U with Intel HD 5000 graphics, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB SSD for$1549
- Core i7-4650U with Intel HD 5000 graphics, 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD for $1949
The tablet measures about 0.36 inches thick and weighs 1.8 pounds. It’s also designed to work with Microsoft’s Surface line of optional keyboard covers which let you use the tablet like a notebook.