Lenovo has finally gone and made the IdeaPad U150 thin and light computer with a CULV processor official… in Japan anyway. We’re still waiting on a US announcement, but here’s what Lenovo Japan is telling us about the machine:
- CPU: 1.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU2300
- Display: 11.6″ 1366 x 768 pixel
- Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 250GB HDD
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, Ethernet
- I/O: 2 USB ports, 1 USB/eSATA port, HDMI, VGA, card reader
- Touchpad: Supports multitouch gestures
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- BatterY. 6 cell, 7 hour
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 0.5″ to 1.35″ thick
There’s also a hard drive protection system which shuts down the hard disk if your computer is in freefall to help prevent damage and data loss.
Subscribe to Liliputing via Email
Join 16,211 other subscribers
U150 PICS – Lenovo seems to be updating their website live. The U150 is now on the US website with specs & pictures of black & red versions (sort of).
While the U150 does not show up in the Ideapad U series computers available for purchase, it does appear in the COMPARE and GALLERY tabs on their website, as well as some broken links. From Lenovo.com, select by hovering over the menus:
Home>Products>Laptops & netbooks>IdeaPad laptops>U series
Sounds like it’s coming soon . . .
Indeed, would love it to have trackpoint, never used one 🙂
Its great to see it has hard drive protection system like in Thinkpads.
Love those old fashioned beveled keys… a trackpoint would be nice.
Comments are closed.