Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Wouldn’t take a Windows tablet if someone were giving them away? How about if someone paid you to buy one?
We’re not quite there yet… but Microsoft is currently selling a Windows tablet with two add-ons that are actually worth more than the price of the tablet itself.
Buy an HP Stream 7 Windows tablet with an Intel Atom processor and a 7 inch display and you get a free 1-year subscription to Office 365. That’s alone is worth $70 Plus you also get a $25 credit to spend on items in the Windows Store. That brings the total value of the add-ons to $95.
So much is the tablet? Just $79.
In other words, if you want Office 365 and plan to spend at least $25 in the Windows Store anyway, you could save money buy purchasing this tablet and then never using it.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Computers and accessories
- HP Stream 7 Windows tablet + Office 365 + $25 Windows Store credit for $79 – Microsoft (via eBay)
- Asus Chromebook Flip convertible for $225 – Amazon
- Asus Transformer Book T300 12.5″ 2-in-1 w/Intel Core M for $550 – Woot
- Logitech UE Mini Boom Bluetooth speaker for $50 – Best Buy
- Kingston 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $6 – Newegg (coupon: EMCAWAR94)
- KMashi 15,000 mAh dual USB portable power pack for $14 – Amazon (coupon: Q29OJRQH)
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S6 w/32GB for $480 – Techno Trading House (via eBay)
- Unlocked HTC One M9 smartphone w/32GB for $440 – QualityCellz (via eBay)
- Unlocked LG G4 smartphone w/32GB for $470 – Tropical Mobile (via eBay)
- Google Nexus 6 (international 3G model) for $440 – Techno Trading House (via eBay)
- Google Nexus 6 (US) for $500 – Motorola
Software and games
- CrashPlan unlimited cloud backup for up to 10 PCs (1-year subscription) for $100 – TigerDirect
- Name your price for 9+ Games Workshop games for Android (mostly Warhammer) – Humble Bundle
- Name your price for $109+ worth of Bandai Namco games – Humble Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
The wife and I both have these and love them. We paid £69, that included £59 Office365 for a year and 1TB OneDrive which is great. We have also upgraded them to Windows 10, the procedure was easy. (Do a Windows 8.1 restore so it is a blank machine again like new, download Windows 10 and keep existing apps during the install for drivers etc.)
The battery life is not the greatest, unless on charge when not in use, just power it down. We think these are the greatest tablets we have ever owned, we went through a couple of versions of the iPad, the Nexus 7 and some other Android devices before spending less for one of these. Plus a Windows tablet is a FULL PC! Not a mobile device scaled up for a bigger screen. You will not regret owning one, I have another larger tablet and laptop, but I use this as a reference device for looking things up and playing little games when my other machines maybe doing something else.
I know you didn’t mean it literally (“purchasing this tablet and then never using it”), but just for the record, the Office 365 Personal license you get with this tablet is attached to the tablet and can only be activated on it. You don’t get a license-key code that you could, say, turn around and liquidate on eBay if you don’t need it. I know, ’cause I asked before I bought an HP Stream 8 with the same deal (minus the Windows Store credit, plus 200 MB/month of T-Mobile data, $149); I have a couple spare “slots” on my existing Office 365 Home license, so I checked if the freebie Personal license was transferrable (i.e., sellable), and found that it wasn’t. I don’t know about the Windows Store credit that comes with the Stream 7 — if it comes in the form of a gift card, then eBay away if you don’t need it.
Comments are closed.