Acer’s Aspire S3 line of ultrabooks don’t get the best battery life or offer the highest resolution displays of any thin and light notebooks around. But they do have one thing going for them: they tend to be some of the cheapest ultraportable notebooks with Intel Core family processors — especially if you opt for a model with a slightly older processor.
Today you can pick up an Acer Aspire S3 notebook with an Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB solid state drive for $600. That’s about the price you would have paid for a 3 pound netbook in 2008, but now you get a 3 pound notebook with a full-sized keyboard, speedy storage, and a fast processor.
Here are some of the day’s best deals on mobile devices and accessories.
- Acer Aspire S3 13″ ultrabook w/Core i7 Ivy Bridge for $600 – Rakuten
- Asus Taichi 21 11.6″ dual-screen ultrabook for $999 – B&H
- $200 off selected Apple MacBook Pro models – Best Buy
- Apple MacBook Air 11.6″ notebook for $849 – Rakuten
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11.6″ convertible Windows RT tablet for $352 – Lenovo (coupon: DOORBUSTERS)
- Refurb Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 w/16GB for $279 – Walmart
- Refurb B&N NOOK Tablet w/16GB for $90 – Woot
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Fire (1st gen) for $90 – All4Cellular
- Asus MeMO Pad ME172V w/VIA WM8950 for $100 – TigerDirect
- Edimax 802.11b/g/n mini USB WiFi adapter for $5 after rebate – Newegg
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.