The Amazon Kindle Fire 2 may have a starting price of just $159, but if you don’t need the slightly faster processor, twice the RAM, or Bluetooth, you can get last year’s model for less than half the price.
Best Buy is selling refurbished 1st generation Kindle Fire tablets today for $100. And CNET has a coupon that lets you snag one for $30 off.
There are just two catches: You only get a 90 day warranty, and the tablets are available for in-store pickup only.
Still, $70 is a pretty great price for a tablet with a 7 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, and TI OMAP 4430 dual-core processor. And if you’re not happy with Amazon’s version of Android 2.3, it’s pretty replace it with CyanogenMod or another custom ROM to turn the Kindle Fire into a full-fledged Android 4.2 tablet.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Refurbished Amazon Kindle Fire (1st gen) for $70 – Best Buy in-store pickup (via CNET)
- Acer Iconia Tab A700 Android tablet w/HD display for $328 – Amazon
- Refurb Toshiba Thrive 10″ Android tablet w/16GB for $190 – All4Cellular (via eBay)
- Asus VivoTab RT TF600T 10″ Windows RT tablet for $400 – Amazon
- Lenovo ThinkPad Twist 12.5″ Windows 8 convertible tablet w/Core i3 for $650 – Amazon
- Refurb Apple iPod touch (4th gen) w/8GB for $140 – Concept Electronics (via eBay)
- Intel NUC mini-PC w/Celeron 847 (No RAM, HDD, or OS) for $165 – Newegg
- OCZ 240GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $170 – TigerDirect
- Motorola SB6121 Surfboard cable modem for $55 after rebate – Newegg
- Trendnet Powerline adapters for $30 – Newegg (coupon: EMCXSXS68)
- SanDisk 16GB USB flash drive for $8 – Best Buy
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.