I finally got around to setting up a network attached storage (NAS) system last year, and now I honestly have no idea what took me so long.
The NAS serves as a backup device for all of the PCs in our household, and for good measure all of the data on the NAS is backed up to the cloud. It also functions as a Plex media server, allowing us to stream music, videos, and photos to phones and TVs in the house. And with 4TB of storage, it’s also where I store other files that don’t need to be on my PC, since I don’t need to access them every day.
I spent a fair amount of time and money choosing the hardware for my setup. But right now Newegg is running a few bundle deals that make it pretty easy: you can pick up a Synology NAS and two 4TB hard drives for as little as $350.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Synology DS216se NAS + two 4TB HGST hard drives for $350 – Newegg
- Synology DS218 NAS + two Toshiba 8TB hard drives for $700 – Newegg
- Synology DS218+ NAS + two 10TB HGST hard drives for $850 – Newegg
- SanDisk 128GB microSDXC card for $36 – Newegg (coupon: EMCPSRY57)
- Select external hard drives for 10% off – Newegg (coupon: EMCPSRY59 )
- Refurb HP Envy x360 13″ convertible w/Core i7-7500U/16GB/512GB/4K for $800 – Woot
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA 12.5″ convertible w/Core M3-6Y30/4GB/64GB for $470 – Walmart
- Logitech MK360 wireless mouse & keyboard for $20 – Staples
- Refurb Harman Kardon Onyx Studio Bluetooth speaker for $40 – Woot
- 16-pack of Panasonic Eneloop AA 2100 rechargeable batteries for $25 – Amazon
- Select PC game downloads for $7.50 and up – NeweggFlash (15% extra off with code NEFPSDG15)
- Krypton Pilot episode for free – Microsoft Store
You an find more bargains in our daily deals section.