Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
The Amazon Fire Phone has a list price of $449 when you buy it without a contract. But every now and again Amazon offers the phone for just $199… and throws in a 1-year membership to Amazon Prime (which is worth $99).
Now is one of those times.
Basically you can get an unlocked phone with a 720p screen, a quad-core processor, and some unusual features like a 3D user interface for just $100. Sure, it doesn’t have access to the Google Play Store, but there are over 400,000 Android apps available from the Amazon Appstore… which means that you’ll probably be able to find at least some apps you want to run.
Even if you don’t need a phone, $100 isn’t a bad price for a portable media player with 32GB of storage.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Smartphones and tablets
- Unlocked Amazon Fire Phone + 1-year Amazon Prime for $199 – Amazon
- NVIDIA Shield Tablet LTE w/32GB + controller and cover for $400 – Newegg
- Apple iPad Air (1st gen) w/32GB for $290 – Quick Ship (via eBay)
- Apple iPad mini for $220 – Walmart
- Lenovo Yoga 2 13″ convertible for $699 – Lenovo
- Acer Aspire S3 13″ ultrabook w/Core i7 Ivy Bridge for $600 – Woot
- Refurb Toshiba Kira 13″ WQHD ultrabook for $800 – Toshiba (via eBay)
- Slingbox M1 + Google Chromecast bundle for $145 after rebate – TigerDirect
- LG fitness accessories for $50 and up – Best Buy
- Get 3 months of Google Play All Access music for $3 – Google Play
- Get 2 free audiobooks (to keep) with a 30-day Audible.com trial membership – Amazon
- Name your price for $78 worth of games and soundtracks – Humble Monochromatic Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
I liked the price of the iPad but will encounter the same price in a physical store? I ask this because I am from Brazil and I will be visiting Florida in two weeks, I will make cash on groceries/purchases. (Google translate)
How do I get 3 months of Google play music for $3? Do i have to cancel my current subscription and then add it again?
Yeah I cant seem to figure it out either.
meh i’ll just wait for the Asus ZenFone 2
No SD card slot. Fail. Might be tempting otherwise but I’ll keep shopping.
Yup,no removable storage makes this one a no buy.
If you’re willing to install APKs manually, you can load the Play Store onto the Fire Phone and get most functionality back, too.
Comments are closed.