Every Google user gets at least 15GB of free cloud storage with Google Drive. You can pay to get more, but there are plenty of ways to get additional storage for free by buying some Chromebooks, smartphones, or other devices… or just by answering some questions.
For the second year in a row, Google is offering to add 2GB of free storage to your account if you answer a few questions in the Google Security Checkup.
Even if you don’t need the extra storage, it’s not a bad idea to answer those questions anyway, because it’s a good excuse to monitor your security settings, list of apps that have access to your Google data, and some other things.
Here’s a roundup of some of the day’s best deals.
Computer stuff (and free cloud storage)
- Get 2GB of Google Drive storage for free – Google Security Checkup
- Save up to 60% on select Corsair computer products – Amazon
- Dell Inspiron Micro mini-desktop PC for $98 and up – Dell
- Dell XPS 13 ultrabook w/Intel Haswell for $699 and up – Microsoft Store
- HP Envy Note 8 Windows tablet w/Active Pen for $299 – Microsoft Store
- ZTE Axon 5.5″ smartphone w/Snapdragon 801, 32GB for $250 – NeweggFlash
- Google Nexus 9 tablet for 40% off – HTC
- Google Nexus 5X w/16GB for $280 – Yapper Wireless (via eBay)
- Huawei GX8 5.5″ smartphone w/Snapdragon 616, FHD screen for $299 – Newegg
- Refurb Google Nexus 5 w/32GB for $140 – MobilePros 1 (via eBay)
- Unlocked LG G3 w/32GB for AT&T for $210 – MobilePros1 (via eBay)
- Pebble smartwatch (1st gen) for $70 – Groupon
- Google Chromecast (1st gen) for $26 – Blue Proton (via eBay)
- Asus USB 2.0 slim DVD writer for $10 after rebate – Newegg (coupon: EMCEGEN62)
- Refurb UE Boom, Megabook, or Roll Bluetooth speakers for $60 and up – Groupon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.