If you’re in the market for a new PC, there’s a good chance you’re looking to replace an older model. So you might as well get some money for it.
You could try selling your old machine on eBay, but if you’re looking for a simpler solution (and don’t expect to get a lot of money for an old, used machine) there’s another option: Microsoft is offering $200 in store credit for trade-ins of old Windows PCs and $300 for used MacBooks.
There is some fine print: the laptop you trade in can’t be more than 6 years old, it’s got to have an 11 inch or larger display, and it needs to be a working computer with a functional battery and power supply.
You also need to buy a qualifying computer priced at $599 or more. But if you meet all of those requirements, you can save $200 or $300 on a new PC, which brings the starting price down to $299.
The promotion runs through October 20th.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Trade in an old laptop for $200 credit, old MacBook for $300 – Microsoft Store
- Get 9 free games with purchase of select PCs – Microsoft Store
- Hipstreet 7″ Windows tablet w/Office 365 for $70 – TigerDirect
- Lenovo ThinkVision 13.3″ USB touchscreen IPS monitor w/pen support for $200 – Amazon
- Samsung 250GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $80 – Newegg (coupon: EMCKAKS22 )
- HGST 1TB USB 3.0 portable external hard drive for $40 – Newegg (coupon: EMCKAKT73)
- Refurb Pebble Smartwatch (1st gen) for $60 – A4C
- Blue Microphones for $40 and up – Woot
- Name your price for $98 worth of PC games and software – Humble Bundle
- Marvel Digital Comics buy one, get one free sale – Marvel (coupon: MARVEL)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.