Toshiba’s Satellite U845W is an ultrabook with an unusually wide display. It measures 14.4 inches diagonally, but it has an unusual 21:9 aspect ratio, which means it’s great for watching videos that are about as wide as they’d be at the movie theater.
The screen is a little less useful for watching TV shows filmed with 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios, but the extra-wide screen isn’t just good for video. You can also use the 1792 x 768 pixel display to view multiple apps side by side.
While the U845W takes a little getting used to, I was pretty impressed with the model I reviewed this summer, but I was a bit disappointed in the $1000 starting price.
But today you can pick one up from Office Depot for just $650, making the U845W one of the least expensive ultrabooks available at the moment.
- Toshiba Satellite U845W 14″ ultra-widescreen ultrabook for $650 – Office Depot
- Asus Zenbook UX21E 11.6″ ultrabook w/Sandy Bridge, 128GB SSD for $799 – Microsoft Store
- Refurb Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Android tablet w/16GB for $250 – TigerDirect
- Refurb Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 Android tablet w/keyboard for $365 – Newegg
- Refurb Motorola XOOM 32GB tablet w/3G + dock for $300 – DailySteals (via eBay)
- Refurb Lenovo IdeaPad A1 7″ Andorid tablet for $135 – Newegg
- Patriot 32GB Class 10 SDHC card for $16 – TigerDirect
- “Great Autumn Albums” for $2.99 each – Google Play Store
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.