Planning to upgrade your hard drive or SSD, but don’t want to lose your operating system, software, and other data? One of the simplest solutions is to throw your old drive into an external enclosure and then use disk cloning software to transfer everything to your new drive.
The process can be kind of time consuming, but it doesn’t have to be expensive: Newegg is running a few sales today that can help. First, you can pick up a USB hard drive enclosure for just a buck after rebate. And second, you can get a copy of Acronis True Image 2017 disk backup and cloning software for free (also after rebate).
Alternately, if you’d prefer not to wait for the rebates, you could just use the free and open source Clonezilla utility. But Acronis True Image can be used for a whole lot more than simple disk cloning, and that $1 external drive enclosure could also help you squeeze some more life out of your old hard drive by turning it into an external drive.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
PC accessories & stuff
- Syba USB 3.0 2.5 inch SATA HDD enclosure for $1 after rebate – Newegg (coupon: EMCRKCG25)
- Acronis True Image 2017 for free after rebate – Newegg (coupon: EMCRKCG65)
- Mechanical keyboard sale – Amazon
- Refurb Google Chromecast (2015) for $25 – Groupon
- Aukey 12-outlet + 6 USB port power strip for $33 – Amazon (coupon: AUKEYPS4)
- ASRock Deskmini barebones mini PC w/Intel Socket LGA1151 for $100 – Newegg (coupon: EMCSRKCG3)
- Vorke V1 Plus mini PC w/Celeron J3455/4GB/64GB/Win10 for $167 – Geekbuying
- Dell XPS 13 notebook w/QHD+ touchscreen/Core i5-7200U/8GB/256GB for $890 – Adorama (via eBay)
- LG G6 (GSM) w/SD821/4GB/32GB for $400 – BuySpry (via eBay)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 w/SD625/4GB/64GB Android One for $216 – GeekBuying (coupon: MIA1geek)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.