Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
The Asus MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX is a 7 inch tablet with a 1280 x 800 pixel display, an Intel Bay Trail processor, and Android 4.4 KitKat software. It’s a lot like the 8 inch MeMO Pad 8 I reviewed recently… and quite liked. But it’s a little smaller and a lot cheaper — especially if you pick one up while it’s on sale for $20 off.
Note that my one complaint with this line of tablets from Asus is that they don’t have ambient light sensors, so you’ll have to adjust the display brightness manually.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Asus MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX 7″ Android tablet w/Atom Z3745 for $130 – TigerDirect
- Apple iPad mini with Retina Display, 16GB for $320 – Altatac (via eBay)
- Refurb Asus Transformer Pad TF300 10″ tablet w/Tegra 3 for $120 – A4C
- Apple MacBook Air 11.6″ notebook w/Core i5 Haswell for $796 – Rakuten
- Acer Aspire S7 13″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Haswell for $899 – Microsoft Store
- Asus Chromebox w/Core i3 for $310 after rebate – TigerDirect
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Keyboard eReader for $70 – A4C (via eBay)
- Refurb Kobo Touch for $50 – Kobo
- Refurb Kobo Glo for $80 – Kobo
- Netgear R6200 V1 802.11ac WiFi router for $70 – Newegg (coupon: EMCPBWF35)
- Roku 3 streaming media player for $89 – Amazon
- Nirvana Nevermind MP3 album for $1.99 – Amazon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
I don’t know. It seems like I’m always manually controlling brightness anyway.
Meh. Fewer apps for Android on Intel, worse battery life. Why? Only reason I can see is if the price is totally compelling and this one ain’t.
You didn’t read my MeMO Pad 8 review did, you? Up to 9 hours battery life, speedy performance, and I didn’t find a single app it wouldn’t run.
Only real down sides are limited RAM and lack of an ambient light sensor… and maybe the screen resolution if you’re holding out for full HD.
Comments are closed.