Solid State drives are speedy, silent, and durable since they have no moving parts. But they’re also more expensive than traditional hard drives, which is why laptops with SSDs tend to have a lot less storage than those with hard drives.
One solution? Get a notebook with a 128GB or 256GB SSD, which should be plenty of space for all of your software, some games, and plenty of music or movies… and then invest in an external hard drive that you can use to backup your data and/or store files that you may not need to use all the time.
Hard drives seem to keep getting cheaper and cheaper… and then sometimes they go on sale for even lower prices. Case in point: today Best Buy is selling a 4 terabyte portable hard drive for just $105.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- WD 4TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $105 – Best Buy
- Google WiFi (3-pack) whole-home router system for $240 – Newegg (coupon: EMCSRHCJ5)
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Paperwhite w/3G (2nd gen) for $65 – Woot
- Refurb Lenovo Yoga 900 13″ convertible w/Core i7-6500U/8GB/256GB for $770 – Woot
- Refurb Lenovo Yoga 900 13″ convertible w/Core i7-6500U/16GB/512GB for $880 – Woot
- Refurb Lenovo 100S 11.6″ Chromebook w/Celeron N2840/2GB/16GB for $110 – Woot
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.