Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
The Mad Catz M.O.J.O. is a tiny video game console with an NVIDIA Tegra processor, a wireless game controller, an Android-based operating system, and support for games from the Ouya Store.
When Mad Catz launched the M.O.J.O. micro-console, the company set a list price of $249, making it one of the most expensive devices of its type (which makes some sense, since it’s also one of the most powerful).
In March, the company dropped the price to $200. But right now you can pick up a Mad Catz M.O.J.O. system for even less. Newegg is selling it for $180.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Mad Catz M.O.J.O. Android gaming micro-console for $180 – Newegg
- Toshiba Satellite W35Dt 2-in-1 13.3″ Windows tablet w/AMD A4 for $450 – Best Buy
- Microsoft Surface RT (1st gen) w/64GB + Touch Cover for $329 – Microsoft Store (coupon: AFF2DAY)
- Refurb Asus Transformer Pad TF300 10″ Android tablet w/32GB for $150 – A4C
- Nextbook 8″ Android 4.1 tablet w/IPS display, dual-core CPU for $70 – Newegg
- Unlocked Oppo N1 smartphone (and Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition) for $499 and up ($100 off) – Oppo Style
- PNY 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $43 – Newegg (or Amazon)
- PNY 128GB USB 2.0 flash drive for $40 – Amazon
- 30 Kindle eBooks for $0.99 each – Amazon Local
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
Considering that for $200 you can buy an Nvidia Shield, this is hardly a good deal.
Itdepends how you look at it. If you’re looking for gaming/Android on your tv the m.o.j.o. is a better solution with the wireless controller which is also compatible computers and stuff. The mojo has several shortcomings: Android 4.2, limited app selection unless you root (easy fix) and other stuff. But it depends on what you want. If you don’t want to be gaming on your tv with the shield you need to run a long HDMI cable.
You don’t need a long HDMI cable actually. I just connect my shield to the TV with a regular mini-hdmi cable and use a separate bluetooth game controller. It works as well as the MOJO.
If I want a portable android game player I will just use a tablet. I want a dedicated android game, emulator, and media console for my tv, hence the MOJO. To each his own
But in that case you should factor in the cost of the controller when saying whether or not it’s a good deal since for your setup one would have to buy the shield and the controller (bringing the total up to at least 230 if you’re buying a decent controller.
Comments are closed.