Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Tablets keep getting cheaper and cheaper… which isn’t surprising since sales seem to be slowing down and device makers and retailers are looking for ways to convince you to spend something on their products.
But one of the best ways to score a really good deal on a tablet is to buy an older model… right now you can pick up refurbished Kindle Fire tablets for a fraction of their original prices, for instance. And while I wouldn’t normally recommend buying an HP TouchPad (which was discontinued in 2011) in late 2014, for the first time in a while I’ve found a deal that lets you pick up this aging tablet for under $100… which isn’t a horrible price when you consider how versatile the TouchPad has been over the past few years.
Here are some of the day’s best deals on tablets, notebooks, and other hardware… with an emphasis on some older models.
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (2013) for $88 – A4C
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Fire (1st gen) for $56 – A4C (coupon: INSTANT20)
- Refurb HP TouchPad 9.7″ tablet w/webOS for $96 – A4C (coupon: INSTANT20)
- Refurb Google Nexus 7 (2013) w/16GB for $112 – A4C (coupon: INSTANT20)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 for $370 – Quick Ship Electronics (via eBay)
Notebooks and 2-in-1s
- Samsung Chromebook 2 11.6″ with 4GB RAM, Exynos 5 octa for $240 – Amazon
- Refurb Asus Transformer Book T100 2-in-1 for $209 – NeweggFlash
- Asus Transformer Book Flip 13″ 2-in-1 for $599 – Microsoft Store
- Asus X200MA 11.6″ touchscreen notebook w/Celeron N2830 for $279 – Microsoft Store
- PNY 480GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $170 after rebate – TigerDirect
- Up to 70 percent off SanDisk flash drives, SD cards – Amazon
- Centon 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $20, 128GB for $40 – Woot
- PNY 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $40 – Newegg (coupon: EMCWHGP37)
- BLU Win Jr 4″ Windows Phone for $70 – TigerDirect
- Refurb Samsung Gear Fit for $68 – A4C (coupon: INSTANT20)
- Lite-On slim external DVD-writer for $19 – Newegg (coupon: EMCWHGP68)
- Microsoft Xbox Live 3 month Gold membership for $17 – Best Buy
- 6 Calvin and Hobbes Kindle eBooks for $1.99 each (and other eBook sales) – Amazon
- Name your price for $100 worth of PC (and some Android) games – Humble Bundle
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie for free – Google Play (US only)
- Cowboy Bebop episode 1 for free – Google Play (US only)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
I think I would be on the fence about recommending the HP TouchPad. I bought mine during the fire sale, and use it about every day; it’s my nightstand YouTube/Netflix device. It’s a solidly built premium tablet, designed to compete with original iPad.
But, today you can buy a similar sized device, with a 1024×600 screen and a similar processor, for $50. The 1024×600 screen sounds worse, compared to 1024×768, but watching a 16:9 video will be letterboxed and end up being the same size. With the HP TouchPad, you also have to put Android on yourself; although it’s not difficult at all.
The potential advantages of the HP TouchPad would be the screen and built quality.
Comments are closed.