HTC’s Google Nexus 9 may have just gone on sale this week… but HTC is already selling the tablet for half price… today only.
The Nexus 9 isn’t the best looking tablet on the market, but it’s a pretty solid little device with one of the fastest mobile processors around, a good high-resolution display, and the ability to handle just about any Android app you can throw at it. Oh yeah, it’s also the first tablet to ship with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
HTC is only offering a limited quantity for half-off, so you don’t have long to pick up the tablet for $199.
The HTC website is also a bit wonky — you might not actually be able to complete a purchase right now.
Update: The deal is sold out, but HTC says they’re working on another deal.
In other news, if you’re looking to upgrade from an older tablet, you might also be able to trade it in for $100 or more off the list price of a Nexus 9 if you shop at Best Buy.
Looking for something even cheaper? You can pick up a refurbished 2013 Nexus 7 tablet for just $130.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- HTC Nexus 9 for $199 – HTC (today only)
- Trade-in a working tablet (select models) for at least $100 off a Nexus 9 – Best Buy
- Refurb Google Nexus 7 (2013) w/16GB for $130 – Woot
- Refurb Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 w/4G LTE for $180 – Woot
- Refurb Asus Transformer Pad T100 2-in-1 tablet for $260 – Woot
- Refurb HP Slatebook x2 10″ 2-in-1 Android tablet for $300 – Woot
- Refurb Microosft Surface Pro 2 w/64GB + Office 365 Personal for $640 after rebate – TigerDirect
- Refurb Microsoft Surface Pro 2 w/64GB for $550 – TigerDirect
- Refurb LG Lifeband Touch activity tracker for $60 – Newegg
- 50 country and 50 ’70s MP3 albums for $1.99 each – Microsoft Music Deals
- Get Wreck-It Ralph free – Install Disney Movies Anywhere for Android, link to iTunes or Google Play
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.