Looking to stay in shape this year? Then you probably should have started last year — New Year’s resolutions are usually just things you’ve been putting off, and if you put it off until now, what are the odds you’ll keep up your new diet, fitness routine, etc?
That said, it’s a good time to find a good deal on some fitness gear — including the Withings Pulse activity tracker. You clip this little device to your belt, pocket, or what have you, and wear it all day. It’ll gather data about how many steps you take, make a note of elevation (to track stair climbing and other vertical activity), and it can monitor your sleep patterns if you wear it at night with a wristband. All of your data can be synchronized with your phone and viewed in a mobile app or on the web.
The Withings Pulse won’t get you fit — but it’ll help you stay conscious of just how much you are (or aren’t) moving during the day, which can be a real motivator for taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
I picked one up a few weeks ago for and I’ve been pretty happy with it. I selected the Pulse over a device from Fitbit or one of the many other companies because, as the name suggests, you can also check your resting heart rate with this model (You have to do it manually, it doesn’t monitor your pulse continuously).
Normally the Withings Pulse sells for about $100, but today Amazon is offering it for $79. You know, just because I recently bought it at full price.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Withings Pulse activity tracker for $79 ($21 off) – Amazon
- Asus Transformer Book T300LA 13″ tablet/notebook hybrid for $900 – TigerDirect
- Asus Zenbook UX302 13″ ultrabook w/Core i5 Haswell for $800 – Best Buy
- Asus Taichi 11.6″ dual-screen ultrabook for $649 – Adorama (via eBay)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 2 w/8GB for $120 – Best Buy
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 2 w/16GB for $150 – Best Buy
- Save an extra 10% on clearance/open-box items – Best Buy
- 20 Kindle eBooks for $2 each – Amazon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.