AliExpress is a Chinese retail site that lets international shoppers buy items shipped from China and other locations. It’s owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, but when you buy shop at AliExpress you’re really looking at goods for sale from a bunch of third-party sellers… it’s more like shopping on eBay than at Walmart or Best Buy.
All of which is to say that you don’t necessarily get the same level of customer service from AliExpress as you would from some other online stores, so it’s a good idea to research items before placing an order and manage your expectations a bit. But that said, you can often score good deals on items that other retailers charge much higher prices for… or buy some items that might not otherwise be available in your part of the world.
And right now AliExpress is running a 9th-anniversary sale with deeper-than-usual discounts on many items.
According to the Anniversary Sale website, you can score savings of up to 50 percent off… but that’s kind of deceptive, because many items are marked down from artificially spiked list prices.
Here are just a few deals I found that look pretty good… although it’s worth noting that some smartphones may lack support for cellular network bands in some part of the world. At these prices, they could make pretty decent iPod touch-like portable media players though.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 w/SD855/6GB/128GB for $470
- Xiaomi Pocophone F1 w/SD845/6GB/64GB for $280
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro w/SD636/3GB/32GB for $160
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Android One phone w/SD660/4GB/32GB for $150
- Meizu 16 w/SD845/6GB/64GB for $336
- Meizu 16 w/SD710/6GB/64GB for $246
- GPD Pocket 2 7″ mini laptop w/Core m3-8100Y/8GB/128GB for $579
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3″ laptop (global edition) w/Core i5-8250U/8GB/256GB for $760
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3″ laptop (global edition) w/Core i5-8250U/NVIDIA MX150/8GB/256GB for $836
- Chuwi AeroBook 13.3″ laptop w/Core m3-6Y30/8GB/128GB for $400
- Teclast F7 Plus 14″ notebook w/Celeron N4100/8GB/128GB for $323
- Chuwi LapBook Pro 14.1 laptop w/Celeron N4100/4GB/64GB for $300
- Alldocube X1 8.4″ 2560 x 1600 4G tablet w/MediaTek X20/4GB/64GB/Android 7.1 for $157
- AlldoCube M5X 10.1″ 2560 x 1600 tablet w/MTK X27/4GB/64GB/Android 8.0 for $167
- Alldocube X 10.5″ 2560 x 1600 tablet w/MTK8176/4GB/64GB/Android 8.1 for $281
- XCY fanless mini PC w/Intel Celeron/Core processor options for $72 and up
- XCY mini PC w/Intel Haswell-U processor for $163 and up
- Eglobal mini PC w/8th-gen Intel “Kaby Lake” processor for $270 and up
- Eglobal mini PC w/Coffee Lake-H processor for $312 and up (barebones Core i7-8750H model for $392)
- Mpow H5 active noise-cancelling over-ear Bluetooth headphones for $39
- Ausdom ANC8 active noise-cancelling over-ear Bluetooth headphones for $40
- Bluedio T5 active noise-cancelling over-ear Bluetooth headphones for $40
- Wavefun X-Pods truly wireless earbuds for $20
- QCY qs1 truly wireless earbuds for $18
- QCY QY20 Bluetooth earbuds for $12
See any good deals I didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments.
Your regularly-scheduled daily deals coverage for non-AliExpress bargains will resume a little later today.