Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Have a decent WiFi router that works in most of your house? You could buy a new model and hope that it broadcasts a stronger signal. Or you could buy one of those newfangled mesh networking, whole-home WiFi systems and place two or three routers around your house.
But those options can get pretty expensive. A cheaper option worth considering? A WiFi-range extender.
They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and price points. But B&H is running a pretty attractive deal: today you can pick up a TP-Link RE360 AC1200 dual band range extender for $35.
The RE360 includes adjustable external antennas, an AC plug on the front (so that you can plug it into the wall, but still use the wall jack to plug in a lamp or whatever). It seems to get mixed reviews at Amazon and Amazon UK, so it may not be the perfect solution for all settings. But it is a lot cheaper than buying a multi-pack of whole-home WiFi routers.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
PC, mobile, and networking accessories
- TP-Link AC1200 WiFi range extender for $35 – B&H
- Logitech M570 wireless trackball mouse for $20 – Walmart
- Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Bluetooth laser mouse for $30 – Best Buy
- Aukey 10,050 mAh portable USB charger w/QC 3.0 for $18 – Amazon (coupon: ZDGWM8R7)
- Adjustable desks and accessories for $18 – $187 – Amazon
- Apple iPad mini 4 w/128GB for $300 – Walmart
- Microsoft Surface Pro w/Core i5/8GB/128GB for $799 – Microsoft Store
- Microsoft Surface Laptop w/Core i5/4GB/128GB for $698 – Amazon
- HP Stream 11.6″ Win10 notebook w/Celeron N3060/4GB/32GB/Office 365 1-year subscription for $140 – eTechGalaxy (via eBay)
- Samsung 250 GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe SSD for $95 – Newegg (coupon: EMCXPXEV3)
- Team 64GB microSDXC card for $12 – Newegg
- Intel NUC barebones mini PC w/Core i3-7100U for $268 – Newegg (coupon: EMCPXEV38)
- Google Home mini smart speaker for $37 – eTechGalaxy (via eBay)
- Name your price for a bundle of $371 worth of Doctor Who and Torchwood audiobooks and audio dramas – Humble Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
FYI: Multiple TP-Link wifi extenders have multiple vulnerabilities. They can be easily hacked.
For someone who doesn’t need ultra speeds, just to have internet access to all rooms, there are pretty nice options at ebay with prices from 6 euros to 10 euros and speeds of 300 Mbps. Some options connect on USB, so with the help of a power bank you can have a mobile access point in the house and usually are cheaper. Some go to wall sockets offering one or two LAN ports and extra functionality. I had used 2 USB options and one wall option in the past year, all worked nicely. No reason, really, to spend 35 dollars, except if that 1200 Mbps and AC support are absolutely necessary.
I had a Linksys AC3200 router and AC1900 Extender. Even being close to the router the speed wasn’t as good as my Plume mesh router–which surprised me. But the connection to the extender was pretty pathetic. Mesh is far superior, at least using the Plume Superpods.
Comments are closed.