Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Ibram X. Kendi’s Stamped from the Beginning was one of the best books I read in 2018. Now you can listen to it for free on Spotify.
Kendi makes a strong case that history shows that racist ideas emerged as a way to justify racist policies rather than the other way around — and that only ending those policies will lead to real change.
Note that if you Spotify Premium subscribers can easily listen on a mobile device, but if you try doing that with a free Spotify account you’ll be stuck with shuffle-play, which means chapters will play out of order. You can listen in-order using Spotify’s desktop clients though.
Also, the Google Pixel 3a is back down to its lower price ever. Tactical RPG game HopeBringers is free to play on Steam. Rick and Morty Seasons 1-3 are available for $10 each from Amazon. And in addition to renting Just Mercy for free this month, you can now buy it from Amazon for $3.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Downloads and streaming
- Listen to Stamped from the Beginning for free – Spotify
- Rent Just Mercy movie for free, buy it for $3 – Amazon
- Rick and Morty Seasons 1-3 for $10 each – Amazon
- Hopebringers PC game for free – Steam
- Total Annihilation: Commander Pack PC game for free – GOG
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3-month membership for $25 – Amazon
- Asus ZenBook 13 w/Core i5-8265U/8GB/512GB for $700 – Amazon
- Lenovo Chromebook 3 11.6″ w/Celeron N4020/4GB/32GB for $169 – Walmart
- BMAX mini desktop w/Celeron J4115/8GB/128GB for $178 – Amazon (clip coupon + use code: 7NWE7ZHB)
- JBL Live 500BT over-ear wireless headphones for $60 – Amazon
- Anker SoundCore Pro+ 25W Bluetooth speaker for $48 – Newegg (coupon: 93XPK64)
- UE Megaboom portable Bluetooth speaker for $80 – Dell
- Google Pixel 3a for $279 – Amazon (or B&H)
- Google Pixel 3a XL for $319 – Amazon (or B&H)
- Team Group 64GB UCB 3.1 flash drive for $7 – Newegg
Things must be really bad in the USA, when this kind of comments arrive to a Mobile/Small computing website…
Once again, angry and sad Brad is trying to virtue signal.
I wonder if, aside form his obvious weakness, he has things to hide?
Indeed, most vocal people usually are the worst.
Is being reminded of intolerance so painful for you because it forces you to honestly evaluate your own beliefs and recognize your own intolerance? That is the most intellectually charitable excuse I can find for your continuing insistence on posting. The only person angry and sad here is you.
Brad, I appreciate your posts that have suggestions and products like these. Don’t mind the haters
I think Brad should go to the wrong side of town late at night preaching his “tolerance”.
No matter how much you grovel you are still just another straight white male.
You are not virtuous nor an intellectual.
I don’t get the point of comments like these. Like, are you trying to browbeat Brad out of being tolerant? Or are you just screaming into the void because you’re tired of being reminded that other people exist, and some of them experience systemic racism that you obviously do not?
I wonder why you are declaiming a presence of tolerance or a lack of virtuosity and intellect on a web site dedicated to “news and information … covering mobile technology with an emphasis on low cost, ultraportable computers including notebooks, netbooks and tablets.”
It’s the sales/link roundup page. It’s not a place for really ugly statements about people who don’t live near you.
You obviously haven’t been a fan of Brad’s or Liliputing for long or you’d be familiar with his work on The Loving Project and his deeply personal connection to the issue, meaning you’re just another brain dead troll. Kindly go f*&# off, moron.
Oh neat, I didn’t know about his work on that project. Thanks!
Comments are closed.