I’ve been banging this drum for a while, but Amazon’s Kindle Kids and Kindle Paperwhite Kids are better bargains than the non-Kids variants. The hardware is identical, but for a few bucks more Amazon throws in a case with a magnetic screen cover, no ads on the lock screen, a 2-year “worry-free guarantee” and a 1-year subscription to Amazon Kids+. If you buy one for a kid, it’s all set up and ready for you to set parental controls out of the box. If it’s for you (or another grown up), just disable the Kids profile and use it like a regular device.
Anyway, there’s even less reason to get the non-Kids versions this week, because Amazon is running a sale on all Kindle devices… and while every model is marked down at the moment, the Kindle Kids and Kindle Paperwhite Kids are discounted even more than the standard models – and basically you can now pay $80 for the Kindle or Kindle Kids or $110 for the Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Paperwhite Kids.
Here’s a roundup of some of the day’s best deals.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Kids for $110 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle Kids for $80 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $110 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle for $80 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition for $145 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle Scribe for $283 – Amazon (Prime member exclusive)
- Kobo Clara 2E for $120 – Kobo
- Kobo Sage for $240 – Kobo
- Anker PowerPort Nano Pro 20W USB-C wall charger for $12 – Amazon
- Aduro 10,000 mAh power bank for $15 – Woot
- HyperX Alloy Origins TKL mechanical gaming keyboard w/RGB lighting for $75 – Amazon
- Philips T1207 true wireless earbuds for $12 – Woot
- Refurb Google Pixel 6 w/128GB for $180 – Cellfeee (via eBay)