Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
The Epic Games Store is giving away two free games this week. Amazon is giving away free eBooks for World Book Day. And HP has one of the best deals I’ve seen to date on a Thunderbolt dock… although at $149, the HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 still costs substantially more than most USB-C docks.
Here’s a roundup of some of the day’s best deals.
- HP Pavilion Plus 14″ laptop w/Core i5-1240P/8GB/256GB for $600 – HP
- Refurb LG Gram 14″ laptop w/Core i7-1260P/16GB/512GB for $649 – New Techies (via eBay)
- Lenovo ThinkBook 13x w/Core i5-1235U/16GB/512GB for $745 – Lenovo (coupon: THINKBOOKDEAL)
- MINISFORUM NAB6 mini PC w/Core i7-12650H for $359 and up – MINISFORUM
- MINISFORUM NPB7 mini PC w/Core i7-13700H for $489 and up – MNISFORUM
- Breathedge PC game for free – Epic Games Store
- Poker Club PC game for free – Epic Games Store
- Interstellaria PC game for free – Indiegala
- Pick a free Kindle eBook for World Book Day – Amazon
- ORICO 9-in-1 USB-C dock for $20 – Amazon (coupon: 50G73NHZ)
- HP Thunderbolt 3 Dock 120W G2 for $149 – HP
Subscribe to Liliputing via Email
Join 16,184 other subscribers
I’d like to buy one of these dinosaur thunderbolt docks to go along with brand new soon to be rapidly obsoleted mini-pc but will instead save my money to purchase an AR headset with built in AlterEgo technology when it is eventually made available to the public sometime between now and 2030.
Those mini PCs are going to be made obsolete soon just because you can’t upgrade the processor or the GPU. The max memory is plenty high, and those processors are going to be useful for a long time. I’m doing real work with an i5-3470, released 11 years ago.
I had to look up what the heck “AlterEgo” is and the results are horrifying. Why would you ever expose yourself like that?
…Don’t answer that I already know. Because everyone else will be and doing anything less will try their patience and make them think you’ve got thoughts you want to keep private, like some kind of monster.
If that scenario ever happens, that’s probably going to be what kills me.
If it sold then just about anyone that can afford the tech it is gonna buy it, you know it. People don’t care that much about syncing all their data and losing privacy. People already use their Smartphones to silently gossip amongst each other and insult each other even while in the same room with the same person behind their backs. Maybe our economic and tech elite will keep the fancy tech only for themselves this time.