Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Looking for an entry-level smart speaker to help decide whether you actually want a voice-activated device in your home for playing music, setting reminders, and controlling smart home gadgets?
Amazon is selling refurbished 2nd-gen Echo Dot speakers with Alexa integration for $30. But Best Buy is offering even better prices for its Insignia Voice line of smart speakers with Google Assistant.
You can pick one up for just $20 for the next two days, or pay $5 more to get a model with a built-in battery.
These speakers are often on sale, but these are the lowest prices to date. And even if you have no intention of using Google Assistant, those are pretty good prices for devices you can use as Bluetooth speakers and/or alarm clocks (unlike most entry-level Amazon Echo devices, the Insignia Voice line of products include an LED clock display).
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Smart Speakers & other things with voice assistants baked in
- Insignia Voice Bluetooth smart speaker w/Google Assistant for $20 – Best Buy
- Insignia Voice portable Bluetooth smart speaker w/Google Assistant for $25 – Best Buy
- Refurb Amazon Echo Dot (2nd-gen) for $30 – Amazon
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (1080p) w/Alexa Voice Remote for $30 – Amazon
Interal Storage (SSDs)
- Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD for $173 – Newegg (coupon: EMCXEPRV2)
- Samsung 512GB SATA III M.2 2280 SSD for $100 – NeweggFlash
- Silicon Power 120GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $23 – Newegg
- SanDisk SSD Plus 480GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $80 – Amazon
- SanDisk SSD Plus 960GB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $150 – Amazon
- Micron 11000 Series 2TB SATA III 2.5″ SSD for $250 – NeweggFlash
Removable storage (USB drives, SD cards)
- ADATA 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $5 – Newegg (coupon: EMCEPRV33)
- ADATA 64GB microSDXC card for $11 – NeweggFlash
- Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC card for $23 – Amazon
- Sandisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC card for $41 – Amazon
- Patriot 128GB SDXC card for $27 – Newegg
- Pioneer USB-C portable SSDs for $50 and up – NeweggFlash
- Dell Inspiron 13 convertible w/Ryzen 7-2700U/12GB/256GB for $650 – Best Buy
- Refurb HP Envy 13 laptop w/Core i7-8550U/16GB/512GB/GeForce MX150 for $800 – Newegg
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 12″ 2-in-1 tablet w/Core M5-6Y57/4GB/128GB for $470 – Newegg
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 2-in-1 w/Core i5-7300U/8GB/128GB for $1049 – Best Buy
- Dell 11.6″ Chromebook w/Celeron N3060/4GB/32GB for $149 – Best Buy
- Dell 11.6″ Chromebook w/Celeron N3060/4GB/16GB for $129 – Best Buy
Tablets & smartphones
- Refurb Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) w/32GB for $65 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Fire 7 w/8GB for $40 – Amazon
- Unlocked LG G7 ThinQ w/SD845/4GB/64GB for $550 – Best Buy
- Audible 3-month trial for free – Amazon (Prime members only)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.
The Insignia speakers were this price last week. I picked up 6 of the larger ones and 2 of the smaller to give out as Christmas gifts. I have one on my desk and love it. I think you can pair 2 up for stereo, so I may grab one and see how they work in a pair.
I bought a couple of the small version of the Insignia Voice for about $20. I use one in the bathroom for weather and news, I find the sound pretty bad. I gave the other to my mom, she loves it.
I bought the much larger portable version and find the sound very good. Love it, even bought a spare. For $25, its just stupid to not buy a couple of the portable versions
Comments are closed.