RAM is expensive these days, but storage is getting cheaper all the time. Today you can pick up a 500GB M.2 SATA SSD for your laptop for just $85 or a 200GB microSDXC card for your phone, tablet, or camera for $42.
But I’m particularly tempted by the sale running on the SanDisk Extreme line of portable solid state drives.
Sure, you could get a lot more storage for less money if you opt for a hard drive instead of an SSD. But solid state drives are physically smaller and more durable (it’s safer to drop or bump them), which seems like a nice quality to have in a backup drive. They also offer speedier read and write speeds.
Anyway, here are some of the day’s best deals.
Hard drives and SSDs
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB portable SSD for $199 – Amazon
- SanDisk Extreme 500GB portable SSD for $110 – Amazon
- Silicon Power 2TB rugged portable USB 3.0 hard drive for $68 – Amazon
- WD Blue 500GB M.2 SATA III SSD for $85 – Amazon
- SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSDXC card for $63 – Amazon
- SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC card for $42 – Amazon
- G.Skill 128GB microSDXC card for $23 – Newegg
- Team 128GB microSDXC card for $22 – NeweggFlash
- Team 64GB microSDSXC card for $11 – Newegg
- Team 32GB microSDHC card for $5 – Newegg
- LG V40 smartphone w/SD845/6GB/64GB for $750 – B&H
- Saicoo USB C hub w/USB 3.0, HDMI, SD, microSD for $15 – Amazon (clip on-page coupon)
- Save up to 50 percent on select Fallout games – Humble Bethesda Drops sale
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.