CTL, the company behind the 2Go PC, plans to bring another low-cost ultraportable laptop to market soon: The CTL IL1. Gizmodo got their hands on a few photos of this computer, and it seemed might familiar, so I dug into the ole Liliputing/Eee Site archives, and found a post about the Dreambook Light IL1, a nearly identical PC headed for Australia.
But wait, there’s more! The Nohrtec Gecko and Airis Kira also seem to have the same case, and presumably the same hardware. In other words, these are all pretty much rebranded versions of the same computer. For the record, here are the specs:
- CPU: 1GHz VIA C7-M
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 4GB SSD
- Display: 7 inch 800 x 480 pixels
- Expansion/Connectivity: 2 USB ports, SD card reader, WiFi, Ethernet
- Webcam: 0.3 megapixels
- Operating System: WIndows XP Ready, supports LInux
- Size: 9.6 inches by 6.8 inches, by 1.7 inches
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Battery: 4 cell Li-Ion battery with estimated 4.5 hours battery life
- Price: Under $350
- Availability: ?