901-no-goAs expected, it looks like Asus will be phasing out all of its Eee PC netbooks with 8.9 inch displays soon. The goal is to focus on laptops with 10 inch screens, which are quickly becoming standard.

Netbooks with larger displays tend to have larger keyboards, which makes them easier to type on. So while there’s no actual difference in screen resolution between netbooks with 9 inch displays and those with 10 inch screens (both tend to have 1024 x 600 pixel displays, give or take a few pixels), the larger models may be easier for some people to use.

Asus expects 95% of its netbook shipments in 2010 to be 10 inch Eee PC models. The other 5% will be netbooks with 7 inch screens. Those smaller netbooks will probably sold through telephone companies.

Support Liliputing

Liliputing's primary sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links (if you click the "Shop" button at the top of the page and buy something on Amazon, for example, we'll get a small commission).

But there are several ways you can support the site directly even if you're using an ad blocker* and hate online shopping.

Contribute to our Patreon campaign


Contribute via PayPal

* If you are using an ad blocker like uBlock Origin and seeing a pop-up message at the bottom of the screen, we have a guide that may help you disable it.

Subscribe to Liliputing via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 9,504 other subscribers

14 replies on “Asus to phase out 9 inch netbooks, focus on 10 inch models”