Asus has posted an official product page for that Eee Box EB1501 nettop I told you about yesterday. The specs are pretty much was expected, but there are a handful of new pictures, including a few that confirm that this is the first Eee Box nettop to sport a built-in slot-loading DVD burner. The computer is also a little less boxy looking than previous Eee Box models thanks to some rounded edges.
Here’s the skinny:
- CPU: Dual Core Intel Atom 330
- Graphics: NVIDIA ION
- RAM: 2GB DDR2-800 (supports up to 4GB)
- Storage: 250GB 2.5″ SATA hard drive
- OS: Windows 7 Home premium
- ODD: Slot-in Super Multi DVD-RW
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Ethernet,
- I/O: 6 USB ports, card reader, HDMI output, eSATA port, S/PDIF, D-Sub, mic, headphone
- Dimensions: 7.6″ x 7.6″ x 1.5″
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
There’s also a VESA mount kit for affixing the computer to the back of a monitor and an optional remote control and/or wired or wireless mouse and keyboard options. No word on pricing, but given that the computer will ship with Windows 7, I’m guessing it won’t be available until the operating system is released on October 22nd.
Update: Asus UK has posted a series of hands-on photos of the new nettop on Flickr.
via SlashGear which is reporting that the price will start at €399 in Europe, but prices have a way of changing by the time products hit the US