Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
HBO is making all nine episodes of Watchmen available to stream for free this weekend. The series is based on the classic comic book series by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, but the story has been adapted to, among other things, explore the history of systematic racism in the United States — and HBO is making it free at a time when a national conversation on race is taking place in America (and on Juneteenth, a holiday marking the end of slavery in the US more than 150 years ago).
Meanwhile there are a few days left to go in the Humble Fight for Racial Justice Bundle — pay $30 or more and you can get a bundle of PC games and eBooks. And Bandcamp is donating its cut of all music sales made today to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Downloads and streaming
- Pay $30 or more for $1200+ worth of PC games and DRM-free eBooks – Humble Fight For Racial Justice Bundle
- Buy music from Bandcamp and the platform today and the platform will donate its cut to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund – Bandcamp
- Stream Watchmen for free through Sunday – HBO
- Pathway PC game for free – Epic Games Store
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ulimate Edition PC game for free – Steam (also free for PlayStation and Xbox)
- Name your price for a bundle of PC games – Humble Playism Anniversary Bundle
- Intel Bean Canyon NUC mini PC w/Core i5-8260U/UHD 620/16GB/256GB/Win10 Pro for $599 – Newegg
- Asus Chromebit CS10 PC-on-a-stick w/RK3288/2GB/16GB/Chrome OS for $70 – Amazon
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 w/Pentium 4425Y/4GB/64GB + Office 365 (1-year) for $430 – Ant Online (via eBay)
- Google Pixel Slate 12.3″ tablet w/Core i7/16GB/256GB for $679 – Adorama
- Refurb AMazon Kindle Voyage for $60 – emb-phones (via eBay)
- Tile Sticker Bluetooth tracker 2-pack for $20 – Lowes
#Watchmen begins in Tulsa, 1921 and explores the legacy of systemic racism in America. We’re proud to announce @HBO will make all nine episodes available for free this weekend on https://t.co/dvMR4HmhIR and On Demand, and will air a marathon of the series tomorrow at 1PM ET. pic.twitter.com/UBDLR3OYIV
— Watchmen (@watchmen) June 18, 2020
— Watchmen (@watchmen) June 19, 2020