The BOLD N1 is a smartphone designed to offer flagship-level specs at a low price, and it… kind of delivers?
With a 6.4 inch, FHD+ AMOLED display, metal and glass body, dual rear cameras, in-display fingerprint sensor, support for wireless charging and wired fast charging, the BOLD N1 sure sounds like a flagship.
So why the $250 list price? You can probably thank the MediaTek Helio P70 processor for that. It’s not exactly flagship material.
BOLD is a new spin-off brand from Miami-based smartphone maker BLU, which has been selling budget and mid-range phones for a number of years.
The BOLD lineup is “dedicated exclusively to premium flagship and flagship-like devices” with “the latest technology at incredible pricing,” and the plan is to only launch one or two phones per year under the new brand, starting with the BOLD N1.
- 6.4 inch, 2340 x 1080 pixel AMOLED display
- MediaTek Helio P70 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- 13MP pop-up selfie camera
- 16MP + 5MP (depth) rear cameras
- 3,500 mAh battery
- 18W fast charging support
- Qi wireless charging
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Android 9 Pie
- 3G bands: 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- 4G bands: 4G LTE 1/2/3/4/7/8/12/13/17/28