When Google launched the Pixel 3a a few months ago, the value proposition was pretty obvious — for half the price of a Pixel 3, you get a phone with the same high-end camera features, but a slower processor, a less flashy design, and a few other compromises.
But for the next few months you might be better off buying a Pixel 3, because Google is selling its flagship phones for $300 off their list prices from now until late September.
That’s still $100 more than the starting price for a Pixel 3a, but here’s what you get for the money — a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, support for wireless charging, IP68 water and dust resistance, and the Pixel Visual Core co-processor for slightly more powerful image processing.
Then again, the Pixel 3a does still have one thing its slightly pricier siblings don’t: a headphone jack.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Google Pixel 3 for $500 and up – Amazon (and Google Store)
- Google Pixel 3XL for $600 and up – Amazon (and Google Store)
- Razer Phone 2 w/120Hz display/SD845/8GB/64GB for $400 – Amazon
- Google Pixel Slate w/Core m3-8100y/8GB/64GB for $549 – Best Buy
- Microsoft Surface Go w/Pentium Gold 4415Y/8GB/128GB + keyboard for $599 – Best Buy
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 w/Core i5-8250U/8GB/128GB + Type Cover for $717 – Rakuten (coupon: XP80)
- Lenovo Yoga 730 13″ convertible w/Core i5-8250U/8GB/256GB for $700 – Best Buy
- Asus Q406DA 14″ touchscreen laptop w/Ryzen 5 3500U/8GB/256GB for $600 – Best Buy
- Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo truly wireless earbuds for $40 – Amazon
- Mpow H5 noise-cancelling Bluetooth on-ear headphones for $39 – Amazon (coupon: MPOW284A1)
- Anker PowerPort Atom III slim USB-C wall adapter for $26 – Amazon
- Anker PowerCore Lite 20,000 mAh portable power bank for $38 – Amazon
- WD 5TB USB 3.0 portable HDD for $100 – Best Buy
- WD 1TB USB 3.0 portable HDD for $45 – B&H
- WD 3TB USB 3.0 external desktop HDD for $60 – B&H
- Samsung DUO 256GB USB 3.1 flash drive for $47 – Newegg (coupon: NEFPCA76)