The GPD Win 2 is a handheld gaming computer with a 6 inch screen, an Intel Core m3 processor, a thumb keyboard, and physical gaming controls. First released in early 2018, the little computer was an upgrade over its predecessor in just about every respect.
Now the GPD Win 2 is getting its own spec bump.
GPD is introducing a new model with a faster processor, twice as much storage, and a few other improvements. It’ll be available soon for about $15 more than the price of the original Win 2.
Update: The new 2019 GPD Win 2 with a Core m3-8100Y processor, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage is now available from AliExpress for $775.
Here’s what’s new:
- Intel Core m3-8100Y processor (upgraded from Core m3-7Y30)
- 256GB SSD (upgraded from 128GB)
- Faster microSD card read/write speeds (theoretical top speeds of 160MB/s read and 90MB/s write when you use an A2 microSD card)
- Improved audio (higher volume, less distortion)
- Improved heat dissipation due to new motherboard design
- Support for 5V charging
GPD also also plans to launch an AMD Ryzen-powered Win Max later this year. It’ll have a larger display and keyboard, but it’ll still be aimed at gamers.