Disclosure: Some links on this page are monetized by the Skimlinks, Amazon, Rakuten Advertising, and eBay, affiliate programs. All prices are subject to change, and this article only reflects the prices available at time of publication.
Solid state drives have gotten a lot cheaper in recent years, and you can now often find super-speedy PCIe NVMe drives in relatively affordable notebooks.
But you know what’s even cheaper? Hard drives. If you don’t care if your backup device is slower and less durable than an SSD, you can pick up a Seagate 5TB portable hard drive from Staples for just $80 when you use the coupon 74883 at checkout.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- SanDisk 500GB USB 3.1 portable SSD for $90 – Amazon
- SanDisk 1TB USB 3.1 portable SSD for $167 – Amazon
- Samsung T5 500GB USB 3.1 portable SSD for $90 – Amazon
- Samsung T5 1TB USB 3.1 portable SSD for $170 – Amazon
- Seagate 5TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $80 – Staples (w/coupon: 74883)
- Seagate 6TB USB 3.0 external desktop hard drive for $100 – Newegg
- Refurb MSI gaming PCs for $660 and up – Woot
- Asus ZenBook UX490 14″ laptop w/Core i7-8550U/16GB/512GB/Win10 Pro for $899 – Asus (via eBay)