Solid state storage is getting cheaper all the time… but most reasonably priced thin and light laptops still only come with 256GB of storage or so.
Need more space for storing your data? You could pay a monthly fee for cloud storage or buy an expensive network-attached storage device. And I’d actually recommend doing both of those things.
But another option is to pick up a USB hard drive… because while SSD prices have fallen in recent years, HDD prices have fallen even lower.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Seagate 6TB USB 3.0 external desktop hard drive for $100 – Newegg (coupon: EMCTAWU35)
- Seagate 5TB USB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $110 – Amazon
- SanDisk 128GB USB3.0 flash drive for $18 – Newegg (coupon: 527CVR8)
Windows laptops and tablets
- Asus ZenBook 13 UX331 laptop w/Core i7-8565U/8GB/256GB – B&H
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1-G2 12″ 2-in-1/w/Core i5-7Y57/8GB?256GB for $600 – Woot
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1-G2 w/Core i5-7Y57/8GB/256GB + 4G LTE for $650 – Woot
- Microsoft Surface Pro 5 w/Core m3-7Y30/4GB/128GB for $600 – Woot
- Refurb Microsoft Surface Go for $370 and up – Woot
- Refurb Bose QuietComfort 35 Series I wireless noise-cancelling headphones for $229 – Bose (via eBay)
- OontZ Angle 3 Ultra Bluetooth portable speaker for $34 – Woot
- OontZ Angle 3XL Ultra portable Bluetooth speaker for $90 – Woot
- Roku Premiere 4K media streamer + 30 days Sling TV for $35 – Roku
- Amazon Fire TV devices for $30 and up – Amazon