The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a 2-in-1 laptop with a detachable screen that you can use as a tablet. It comes with a choice of a 13.5 inch or 15 inch display, and supports up to 16GB of RAM, 1TB of solid state storage, and an 8th-gen Core i7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce graphics.
When Microsoft launched the Surface Book 2 in late 2017, it sold for $1499 and up. Since then it’s gotten several price drops, and the starting price is now $1149.
But the entry-level model is currently on sale for $999, which is the best price I can recall seeing.
Keep in mind that what you get for that price is a model with just 128GB of storage and a 7th-gen Intel Core i5 dual-core processor. You’ll have to pay $300 more if you want to upgrade to a version with an 8th-gen quad-core chip and double the storage. But that’s still $200 off the list price for that configuration.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 for $999 and up – Microsoft Store
- Refurb Microsoft Surface Go for $370 and up – Woot
- Save 15 percent on select PCs – Dell (coupon: SAVE15)
- Asus ZenBook Flip UX461 14″ convertible w/Core i5-8250U/8GB/256GB for $799 – Asus
- Asus ZenBook 14 w/Core i7-8565U/16GB/512GB for $1050 – Newegg
Wireless speakers/smart speakers
- UE Megaboom portable Bluetooth speaker for $100 – Best Buy
- Refurb JBL Link 20 portable speaker w/Google Assistant & Chromecast for $60 – Harman Audio
- Google Home Mini 3-pack for $68 – MassGenie (Power Deal)
- Name your price for a bundle of fantasy eBooks – StoryBundle
- Name your price for a bundle of digital comics by Jeff Lemire – Humble Bundle