Chromebooks have earned a reputation as cheap laptops with limited functionality… and some of them certainly fit the bill… while others (like Google’s Chromebook Pixel) were high-end devices that only an enthusiast could justify buying.
But over the past few years we’ve seen a number of semi-premium models that offer better features than you’ll find in a premium model, but at a price that’s lower than what you’d probably pay for a decent thin and light laptop.
Case in point: Samsung’s Chromebook Plus v2 is a convertible tablet-style notebook that comes with a digital pen and a choice of a Celeron 3965Y or Core m3-7Y30 processor, 4GB of RAM, and support for up to 64GB of storage.
Prices usually range from $500 to $600, but right now Samsung and Amazon are selling select models for $100 off, which means you can pick up a pretty good thin and light convertible Chromebook for as little as $400.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Samsung Chromebook Plus 12.2″ convertible for $400 and up – Amazon
- Lenovo Chromebook S330 14″ w/MTK8173C/4GB/64GB for $200 – Lenovo (via eBay)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 730s 13″ Win10 notebook w/Core i5-8265U/8GB?256GB for $800 – Lenovo (via eBay)
- 13.3″ MacBook Air (2018) w/Core i5-8210Y/8GB/128GB for $994 – meh
Tablets & eReaders
Audio and video
- Anker Soundcore Liberty Lite truly wireless earbuds for $48 – Amazon (clip on-page coupon)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $40 – Amazon
- Amazon Fire TV Cube for $80 – Amazon