While Kindles are cheap largely because Amazon hopes owners will buy a lot of books and other digital content from the Kindle Store, you can read plenty of books for free on a Kindle by borrowing them from your public library or getting them from third-party sources like Project Gutenberg. It’s also possible to convert EPUB files into Kindle-readable content.
Or if you’re an avid reader, you might want to sign up for Kindle Unlimited, which is basically like a subscription-based library that lets you choose from thousands of books and read as many as you’d like for $10 per month. Subscriptions also include magazines and audiobooks.
Actually scratch that, because right now Amazon is offering a 2-month subscription for 99 cents.
That means you can save $19 on a Kindle Unlimited membership and $20 on a Kindle for combined savings of $39.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Amazon devices and subscriptions
- Kindle Unlimited 2-month subscription for $0.99 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle for $60 – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $100 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Fire TV Stick w/Alexa voice remote for $30 – Amazon
- Refurb Amazon Fire TV w/4K for $60 – Amazon
Speakers and headphones
- Bose QuietComfort 25 acoustic noise-canceling headphones for $160 – Best Buy
- UE Megaboom portable Bluetooth speaker for $142 – Best Buy
- UE Boom 2 portable Bluetooth speaker for $95 – Walmart
- Refurb UE Wonderboom portable Bluetooth speaker for $50 – Amazon (or new for $79)
- Select OFM gaming chairs and mesh chairs for up to 25% off – Amazon
- Asus USB Blu-ray writer for $37 after rebate – Newegg (coupon: EMCPSPX82)
- Refurb Google Pixel phones (1st-gen) for $240 and up – Daily Steals
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.