When I asked recently how much storage space a modern PC should have, the top 3 answers were 1TB, 256GB, and 128GB. Most of the folks who voted didn’t seem to think you needed 2TB or more… at least not when it comes to built-in storage, and I’m incline to agree.
But when it comes to external storage? The more the merrier.
Get a big USB hard drive or network-attached storage device and you can use it to backup all the files, documents, media, and other data from your PC… or use it to store files you may not need all the time. I use my NAS to store most of my music and videos, for example, leaving plenty of space on my laptop’s 256GB SSD for programs, documents, and temporary storage.
Anyway, all of this is to say that right now Best Buy is offering a crazy good deal on a USB 3.0 hard drive: you can pick up an 8TB model for $160.
Keep in mind that this is a desktop model that requires a power source other than your laptop. You can certainly use it on the go, but you’ll need to plug it in.
If you’re looking for something more portable, there’s also a 2TB USB 3.0 portable drive on sale for $70.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
External hard drives
- WD 8TB USB 3.0 external desktop hard drive for $160 – Best Buy
- WD 2TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $70 – Best Buy
PCs and tablets
- Select PCs for up to $200 off – Best Buy
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5 w/64GB for $500 – Micro Center (in-store only)
Truly wireless earbuds
- ZOLO Liberty truly wireless earbuds for $79 – Amazon (coupon: LOVEZOLO)
- ZOLO Liberty+ truly wireless earbuds for $119 – Amazon (coupon: ZOLOLOVE)
- Refurb Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) for $30 – Amazon
- Refurb Roku Premiere+ 4K HDR media streamer for $48 – Amazon
- Refurb Google Chromecast (2015) for $25 – Groupon
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section… including a list of Amazon Fire/Echo/Kindle devices on sale ahead of Valentine’s Day: