There’s 10 days to go until Black Friday, but stores have been announcing their after-Thanksgiving sale prices since the start of the month, and some deals are even live already: Amazon is currently offering a 3-month Amazon Music subscription for just $1.
I’ve been keeping Liliputing’s Black Friday 2017 mobile tech deals page up to date, but now that Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, Microsoft, and others have provided a sneak peek at some of their deals, I figured it was time to highlight some of the best.
Some of the best deals are on media streamers and smart speakers, and companies compete to get a foothold in your living room.
I’m almost certainly going to be snagging a new Amazon Fire TV Stick or two for $25. The faster processor and upgraded WiFi should make them a nice replacement for the aging 2014 models in our house (I’m also contemplating adding a Roku device to the mix though).
And I already picked up an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet when it was on sale for $50 earlier this year. It’ll be going for the same price on Black Friday. I’m very pleased with that purchase, especially since I figured out how to load the Google Play Store to run alongside the Amazon Appstore.
Having bought a new laptop last year, I’m trying to resist the urge to pick up a new laptop… at least until there a wider selection of options with 8th-gen Core chips or AMD Ryzen Mobile processors. But if you’re looking to upgrade from something a little older, there are also some pretty good prices on PCs, convertibles, and Chromebooks.
Here are some of the deals that stand out most for me:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick for $25 – Amazon (or Target, Staples, Best Buy)
- Google Chromecast (2015) +$5 Vudu credit for $20 – Walmart
- Google Chromecast (2015) for $20 – Best Buy
- Google Chromecast Ultra for $54 – Best Buy
- Roku Express+streamer + $5 Vudu credit for $22 – Walmart
- Roku Streaming Stick Plus for $48 – Walmart
- Roku Premier+ media streamer for $50 – Best Buy
- NVIDIA Shield TV + remote & game controller for $170 – Best Buy
- Amazon Echo Dot for $30 – Amazon (or Target, Staples, Best Buy)
- Amazon Echo (2017) for $80 – Amazon (or Target, Best Buy, Newegg, Staples)
- Amazon Tap portable speaker for $80 – Amazon
- Amazon Echo Plus for $120 – (or Best Buy)
- Amazon Echo Show for $180 – Target (or Staples, Best Buy)
- Google Home Mini for $29 – Target (or Staples, or Walmart)
- Google Home Mini for $30 – Best Buy
- Google Home for $79 – Target (or Walmart)
- Harman Kardon Invoke smart speaker with Cortana for $99 – Microsoft Store (starting 11/23)
Laptops and convertibles
- Dell XPS 13 w/Core i5-7200U/8GB/128GB/FHD touchscreen for $799 – Microsoft Store (starting 11/23)
- Dell Inspiron 13 convertible w/Core i3-7100U/4GB/1TB for $399 – Microsoft Store (starting 11/23)
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000 convertible w/Core M3-7Y30/4GB/1TB for $300 – Dell (starts 11/23 at 9:00PM Eastern)
- HP Spectre x360 13t w/Core i5-8250U/8GB/256GB for $899 – HP
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15″ laptop w/Core i5-7200U/8GB/256GB/Radeon 540 for $900 – Samsung (starting 11/19)
- Samsung Chromebook 3 w/Celeron N3060/2GB/32GB for $99 – Best Buy
- Samsung Chromebook 3 w/Celeron N3060/4GB/32GB for $119 – Best Buy (or Walmart)
- Samsung Chromebook Plus convertible w/OP1 CPU/4GB/32GB/S-Pen for $350 – Samsung (starting 11/19)
- Samsung Chromebook Pro convertible w/Core M3-6Y30/4GB/32GB/S-Pen for $450 – Samsung (starting 11/19)
- Amazon Fire 7 tablet for $30 – Target (or Best Buy)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet for $50 – Amazon (or Best Buy)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet for $100 – Amazon (or Staples, Target)
- Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4″ 2560 x 1600px tablet w/Kirin 950/4GB/32GB for $219 – Newegg
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6″ tablet +$25 Google Play credit for $139 – Walmart
- Microsoft Surface Pro w/Core M + Type Cover for $629 – Best Buy
- Moto G5 Plus w/SD625/4GB/64GB for $225 – Newegg
- Moto Z w/SD820/4GB/64GB for $430 – Newegg
- Huawei Mate 9 w/Kirin 960/4GB/64GB for $400 – Newegg