Laptops with 8th-gen Intel Core processors are starting to ship… and notebooks with AMD Ryzen mobile processors should hit the streets soon, and both should offer a series performance boost over portable computers with previous-generation chips.
But if you’re more concerned with saving money than with bleeding edge performance, you can still save a lot of money by picking up last year’s tech today.
Case-in-point: I found a bunch of deals today on previous-gen convertible notebooks with Intel Kaby Lake, Skylake, and Cherry Trail chips.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Asus Zenbook Flip UX360CA 13″ convertible w/Core m3-7y30/8GB/256GB for $479 – Walmart
- Acer Spin 5 13″ convertible notebook w/Core i5-7200U/8GB/256GB for $584 – Amazon
- Lenovo Yoga Book w/Android/Atom x5-Z8550/4GB/64GB for $270 – eTechGalaxy (via eBay)
- Refurb Microsoft Surface Book (1st-gen) w/Core i7-6600U/NVIDIA graphics/8GB/256GB for $1050 – Woot
- Sony Xperia XZ 5.2″ smartphone w/SD820/3GB/32GB for $315 – B&H
- WD 4TB USB 3.0 desktop hard drive for $100 – Best Buy
- SanDisk 32GB Ultra Fit USB 3.0 flash drive for $10 – Best Buy
- Refurb Google Chromecast (2015) for $23 – Groupon
- GOG Halloween Sale – GOG
- Name your price for $212 worth of eBooks – Humble Bundle
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.