Amazon’s new $70 Fire TV begins shipping today. It’s the company’s most affordable 4K-ready media streamer to date, and it’s also the smallest model Amazon doesn’t call a “stick,” thanks to a new design that allows the Fire TV to dangle from your TV’s HDMI port.
Like most Amazon Fire devices, the new media streamer is probably most useful for Amazon Prime members, since you get access to a fairly sizable library of movie and TV content from Amazon Prime Video. But there’s also support for third-party services including Netflix, Hulu, and Showtime… and right now Amazon is bundling free trials of the latter two services.
Buy a Fire TV and activate it by November 15th and you’ll get a 2-month Hulu trial and a 1-month free trial of Showtime.
There is one small catch: the free trials are only for new subscribers. Existing Hulu or Showtime subscribers can’t get a free extra month or two using this promotion.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Buy an Amazon Fire TV for $70, get 2-month Hulu free trial, 1-month Showtime free trial – Amazon
- Amazon Kindle devices for $50 and up – Amazon
- Amazon Echo Show + $40 gift card for $200 – Newegg
- WD 4TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive for $100 – Best Buy
- Bone: The Comple Cartoon Epic graphic novel for $20 – ComiXology
- 4 free MP3s from Belly – NoiseTrade
- 5 free MP3s from Lydia Loveless – NoiseTrade
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.