Every now and then I think it’d be nice to replace the small desktop computer that’s been plugged into my TV for the past few years.
And then I remind myself that it’s still good enough for my needs: it acts as a home media server and backup device and lets me surf the web or play DVDs in the living room. For internet video I primarily use an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
But if I were going to replace my home theater PC, I’d be awfully tempted to pick up Lenovo’s ThinkCentre M700 Tiny desktop, which Woot is currently selling for $390.
That price gets you a compact desktop PC with Windows 7 Pro, 4GB of RAM, 128GB of solid state storage, and an Intel Core i3-6100T processor (which is a 35W chip that outperforms a 15W laptop chip like the Core i7-6500U in many benchmarks).
Anyway, I’m not ready to replace my mini desktop yet. But if you are, that Lenovo model looks like a pretty good deal. It also comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny desktop w/Core i3-6100T/4GB/128GB for $390 – Woot
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 convertible w/Core i5/4GB/500GB for $590 – Newegg
- Refurb HP Spectre x360 13″ convertible w/Core i5/8GB/256GB for $700 – GeekDeal (via eBay)
- Pebble Time smartwatch for $90 – Amazon
- Pebble Time Round for $115 – NeweggFlash
- Pebble Steel for $90 – NeweggFlash
- BlackBerry Passport GSM smartphone for $195 – NeweggFlash
- PNY 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive for $25 – Best Buy
- Refurb HP 23″ full HD LED IPS display for $83 – Woot
- Tronsmart USB-C to USB-A cable 2-pack for $7.49 – Amazon (coupon: 2USBCTOA)
- 1-month Marvel Unlimited subscription for free – Marvel (coupon: NY16)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.