Now Asus is also the first company to start selling a phone powered by the new processor. The Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe is now available for order in Taiwan.
It should begin shipping to customers by September 30th.
There’s no word on when you’ll be able to buy the phones in other markets.
The processor is just one of the things that makes the phone stand out. In addition to Qualcomm’s 2.4 GHz quad-core processor, the top-tier version of the Zenfone 3 Deluxe has features that include:
- 5.7 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel SUper AMOLED display
- 6GB of RAM
- 256GB of storage
- microSDXC card slot for up to 2TB of removable storage
- 3,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support (60 percent charge in 39 minutes)
- USB Type-C
- 23MP rear and 8MP front cameras
- 24-bit/192 kHz audio
- 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, dual SIM 4G LTE support (one SIM card slot is also the microSDXC card slot)
The phone also has a fingerprint sensor and IR port. One odd thing about this premium phone? It has a mono speaker.
Asus is selling the high-end Zenfone 3 Deluxe in Taiwan for for $NT 24,990 (about $800), but the company hasn’t revealed pricing for other markets yet.
There’s also a cheaper configuration with a Snapdragon 820 processor, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. But that model’s not currently in stock.