Amazon’s Dash buttons are weird. Buy one from Amazon for $5, connect it to your wireless network and you can use it to order snacks, diapers, soap, or other household goods with the click of a button. Amazon will also give you a $5 credit toward your first purchase made with one, which means they’re kind of free.
Today it’s more like Amazon is paying you to buy one: the company is selling Dash buttons for $0.99 and still giving you a $4.99 credit toward your first purchase.
Also, don’t forget that July 12th is Amazon Prime Day, a made-up sales holiday that the company is going to use to try to convince you to buy stuff. Expect thousands of sale prices on items you don’t care about… but maybe a few deep discounts on items you do care about.
Prime Day deals will require an Amazon Prime membership. But if you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial to participate.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
- Amazon Dash Buttons for $0.99 each – Amazon
- Dell Inspiron 11 Windows notebook for $140 – Best Buy
- Asus EeeBook X205TA 11.6″ Windows notebook for $135 – e-techgalaxy (via eBay)
- Ultimate 13.3″ convertible Windows notebook for $189 – Walmart
- Logitech C920 Pro webcam for $63 – Best Buy
- TP-Link OnHub router for $159 – Walmart
- G.Skill 64GB microSDXC card for $14 – Newegg (coupon: ESCELFF25)
- Microsoft Band 2 for $145 – Amazon
- Jawbone Up2 activity tracker for $39 – NeweggFlash
- Harry Potter movies for $5 each – Amazon Video
- Prince of Persia PC game for free – Ubisoft
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.