Until recently Chromebooks came in two categories: dirt cheap or super expensive. But recently we’ve seen the rise of some mid-range models with better screens, faster processors, and other premium options you won’t find on entry-level models.
The Dell Chromebook 13, for example, typically sells for around $400 to $900, has a 1080p screen, and supports up to a Core i5 processor, up to 8GB of RAM, and an optional touchscreen.
Right now Dell is offering a deep discount on a mode with a Core i3 CPU and 4GB of RAM. You can pick one up for $469.
Not that this model doesn’t support Android apps yet… but support should be coming later this year. So you might want to consider spending some extra money on the touchscreen version, but technically you don’t need a touchscreen to use many Android apps.
Here are some of the day’s best deals.
Laptops and convertibles
- Dell Chromebook 13 w/Core i3/4GB/16GB for $469 – Dell
- Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6″ 2-in-1 notebook w/Pentium N3540/4GB/500GB for $300 – Best Buy
- Dell XPS 12 2-in-1 Windows tablet w/Core M5/8GB?128GB for $699 – Newegg
- HP Elitebook Folio 1020 w/Core M-5Y71/8GB/512GB for $800 – Newegg
Phones and tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7″ w/16GB for $229 – B&H
- ZTE Axon smartphone w/Snapdragon 801/2GB/32GB for $180 – NeweggFlash
- BlackBerry Priv smartphone w/Snapdragon 808/3GB/32GB for $300 – QualityCellz (via eBay)
- Refurb Pebble Time Steel smartwatch for $100 – Woot
- Google Chromecast (2nd gen) for $30 – Daily Steals
- Sony 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive (2-pack) for $30 – BuyDig
- Select video rentals or purchases for up to 50 percent off – Amazon Video (Prime members)
You can find more bargains in our daily deals section.